I didn't think this far...


Every time I set off to start a new adventure, goal or even like starting a business, I somehow can't seem to look past that particular goal.

As a young single woman, I had dreams and desires to be married to a Man of God, who strived after Him with all of his heart while leading our family under the covering and anointing of the call of God on our lives. I thought about my wedding day, I thought about spending the rest of my life with that "future" man. I thought about the children we wanted to have, about what kind of mommy I would be and how I plan to have "Craft Days" every week to spark creativity and inspiration. (HA! Crafts, riiiiight.)

I have now passed my 30's and this year I will be 32 years old. YIKES! I never did think about passing my 30's or even think about past my 30's. I knew I would grow more "mature" and age with, hopefully, God's grace and spend the remaining of my life married, being a mommy and being a woman of God. But somehow I never looked beyond the Wedding, beyond the having babies and now faced with the "middle" of my life, it seems to be coming out in my business too. But this is all GOOD Things, not one of those Oh I'm so old now, I'm not cool. HECK NO! Im still pretty freakin' rad, hot and one spicey round cookie lol.
What I'm getting at is, I've had my business for almost 4 wonderful years. I've had goals to create something from the ground up, to start a business, to be successful at it, to have a studio, to being at a whole different place than where I was, to ultimately just taking pretty pictures of really pretty girls whose hearts are so big.

As a business owner, I look at my past clients and some have left for college, traveled, started businesses, went on adventures, got married, and are even having families! As a photographer, I look at that and just think, Wow, God you are so good that I got a chance to capture these amazing young ladies in that perfect moment of their lives. Not exactly a woman, not exactly a teenager; but that exact moment of transition.
When I started my business, I simply had a handful of goals in mind. Take pretty pictures, be successful and do what I love to do, possibly get a studio too lol. I look back and I have accomplished those things; yes of course there are still goals in my life I would love to reach; but seeing that I was able to accomplish my first steps I set out was awesome. But I never thought beyond that as a my clients' friend.

I didn't think about how amazing it feels to see my clients succeed at life, the goals they place before them and to be a part of that first stage in there lives, leaves me with this feeling of awestruck.
He loves us so much that He gives us surprises everyday that we don't even know we need or had a desire for. Now seeing this and now living this, I am so thankful for my past clients, present and future. Being able to be a light to them in their life adventures has been one of the coolest feelings ever.

So heres to you clients! Past, Present and Future. You may think I take portraits and make ladies feel pretty and have a ton of bubbly fun; but ultimately YOU make me feel amazing, satisfied and ultimately confirm my passion and drive.

so THANK YOU! Now get out there and rock this world with the amazingness that HE gives!!

  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda - see this is why I love you! I love the way you love onto others and I could just hear your enthusiasm throughout while reading this!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana! Thank you!!! <3 I heart you back girl! xoxoxo!

      Delete

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs